Jetsettin Daisy: Geeking Out with Cousins

Monday, July 7, 2014

Geeking Out with Cousins

So a few weeks ago one of my fave cousins, Karissa and her husband came to town. Yay! I hadn't seen Karissa since her wonderful wedding in Tampa last year, so I was super excited to get to hang out with her and her husband Shannon for an evening.

They were staying at Golden Nugget (if you ever need a hotel in downtown Vegas, this would be my best suggestion) so we decided to explore Fremont East. I had yet to visit the Container Park that I'd heard to much about so we wandered over for dinner. Such a cute locals hangout in downtown! The buildings are actually made up of large containers and there are all kinds of cute shops and restaurants. We were there on Doggie Date Night so everyone had dogs with them. We grabbed dinner at Big Ern's BBQ which was pretty awesome and dessert at Chillspot which has delicious (especially in the 100 degree heat) gourmet popsicles. 

We wandered back to the main part of Fremont East after this and we all got excited (especially Shannon) to go play some video games at Insert Coins, the lounge/video game bar with retro arcade games. I've only been here once before and it's pretty awesome. About $2.50 in quarters later (on the Terminator 2 machine), and my hands were cramping and it was time to call it a night. A visit to this really cool gaming/comic/geek memorabilia store and we parted way. Such a great evening!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...