Jetsettin Daisy: San Francisco- Chinatown

Monday, March 2, 2015

San Francisco- Chinatown

My (just about) annual trip to The Bay was this year. My mom hadn't been back since I was 17. I was born in the Bay Area and my parents used to live downtown so it's kind of like home to her. We had been talking about going together for years and after the visit with Melissa last year, I told her that we would go this year for sure.

We got a great package deal on Expedia (seriously, about $500 for roundtrip airfare and hotel for two nights, two people). We took the BART to Union Square.

After dropping off our luggage, we headed over to Chinatown for breakfast.


We grabbed dim sum (to go) at my favorite little dim sum place, Good Mong Kok Bakery. It's really tiny and there really ins't anywhere to sit, but the dim sum is good and the portions are large. Plus it's REALLY cheap.


We walked around for a while and it was insanely crowded.


We also wandered past Eastern Bakery which is where my parents got their wedding cake a million years ago (ok, maybe 35 years ago). Apparently they are now known for their mooncakes.


Stay tuned for Haight Ashbury!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...