Jetsettin Daisy: My New Korean Beauty Faves

Friday, September 1, 2017

My New Korean Beauty Faves

I love Korean Beauty products.

I know they're all the rage now but I've always been a huge fan of Asian skincare. Maybe it's because I'm Asian but it's nice having such an abundance of products that were designed with my skin concerns in mind. I'll admit, my skin is fairly resilient. Chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and even the harshest scrubs rarely irritate or even impact my skin in any way. Even so, as I get older, it's nice to have a good variety close at hand for any occasion.


I discovered Klairs when I partnered with Wishtrend for our recent K-Beauty BBQ event. I love trying out new K-Beauty brands. Wishtrend sent us some really great Klairs products and a bundle of fun samples. Even better- they sent us some information about the products so we wouldn't be testing them completely blind. 


Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner- Toner is the one thing I always forget in my skincare routine. It's silly too because my skin tends to be on the oily side. I don't like toners very often because they usually have a strong alcohol smell or something too medicinal or herbal. This toner has almost no scent. I love that. It balanced out the ph in my skin and kept it from getting overly oily. 


Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream- I am in love with this cream. My skin has been stressed lately because it's been a rough time and I've possibly taken on more projects than was wise. That said, my skin is definitely not happy with me. This cream is lighter, has a very faint scent (nothing overpowering or heavy), and feels great. It doesn't clog or irritate and it absorbs quickly. Plus, there's just something about that blue color that just seems calm in itself! Wishtrend also sent us a bunch of great Klairs samples that I still haven't broken into yet because I'm so in love with these two pieces and haven't bothered trying anything new since!


Skinfood has been a favorite of mine for a while and when they sent some goodies for our event, I was dying to try them all (the Black Sugar Wash Off Mask and the Bitter Green Clay to Foam were a huge hit with the other girls)! I ended up with the Egg White Pore Foam and I love it. In the summer, I feel like I'm washing my face 3-4 times a day because of sweat and grease and dust. I use this cleanser before bed and I feel like it really cleans all the residue off my face at night. I don't like feeling like my skin is dirty when I go to sleep and this cleanser just feels so clean. I love the foam and the lather it builds and it's not too thick to use with my cleansing brush for a little extra cleansing action. It also rinses off pretty easily which is a big plus for me!


I also got to try out some of the Marine Food Gel Masks. I got Jellyfish and Seaweed. The first thing I noticed about the masks was clearly that they are two pieces. I love this because my face is rather small so I usually have to trim the sides of my masks to avoid having a ton of product in my hair. The two pieces fit very well and didn't leave a lot of slack on the edges. The ribbed texture on the inside also made them stay pretty well. I haven't had a lot of experience with the hydrogel masks but I definitely love them a lot more than the regular paper ones because they don't feel dry and they mold to facial contours so much better! After the masks, my skin felt refreshed and smooth.

If you haven't tried out Klairs or Skinfood, I highly recommend them both!
As a bonus, here is a code for $3 off any Klairs order on Wishtrend: WISH3AUG

Wishtrend/Klairs and Skinfood sent us free product for reviews; however, all opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...