Jetsettin Daisy: Make-up for lazy bums like me...

Friday, August 23, 2013

Make-up for lazy bums like me...

On a recent trip that allowed limited shower access (and because I wanted to wake up looking like I'm always cute first thing in the morning), I tested out a few products that I am now obsessed with. They did not budge during the night and only came off with make-up remover. And I move around in my sleep (especially when I'm dodging elbows in the middle of the night). When a product manages to not leave a streaky mess on my face (or my pillow), I am forever grateful and will rave about it all over town. Here are the four products that so far have my undying gratitude.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner- Came in handy for my cute cateye, didn't streak or run at all. I put it on first thing in the morning and it didn't move even with the humidity of Pensacola. It didn't come off until I washed it off late that night... Or maybe it was first thing the next morning. I can't be sure.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush- Gives me a nice believable flush on the cheeks. I don't wear a lot of make-up on my face with the exception of an occassional BB cream or a little foundation in the winter, but I do like my blush and bronzer for contouring. Mine is in Dollface and it gives the prettiest little pink flush.

Revlon Colorstay 16-Hour Eye Shadow- Worked nice alone and as a base it even helped my discontinued Stila shadow palette stay in place when I layered it.

Fairy Drops Mascara- Unfortunately my absolute favorite mascara is a Japanese brand that's really hard to find in the US. There is one type they sell that can be found on Amazon, but it's not the special waterproof one that sits still all day and night. I love this formula because it's specifically designed for Asians with short stubby lashes that grow straight down (like me) and it makes them look long and curly. I fell asleep in this the day I bought it in Hong Kong and napped for four hours. When I woke up, it hadn't even flaked. I immediately went out and bought several more tubes of it.

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Liner- I used it for my brows too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...