Jetsettin Daisy: Palm Springs Part 2

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Palm Springs Part 2

Day 2 in Palm Springs! We woke up relatively early and had breakfast at Circa 59 inside the hotel. I ate the most awesome black bean quesadilla with cheese. What a great way to start my morning!




After breakfast we ventured to the spa. Our treatments weren't until 11:30 so we had plenty of time to indulge in the facilities. They kept the pool room nice and chilly so we mostly just sat in the hot tub reading and drinking one of the many teas that Spa Terre provided. Yum! I had booked myself the Marilyn in Silk full 75 minute treatment (such a deal with my massive discount from Travel Zoo) and it consisted of some stretching, a body scrub, body wrap, and a good amount of massage mixed in. So relaxing.



It was still relatively early, so we managed to fit in some sightseeing. I desperately wanted to see the Trina Turk store and a bunch of historic houses along the way. We had wanted to eat at Copley's as well since it used to be part of the Cary Grant estate but it was closed for the month. I had reserached in advance and we went on a loop of Old Hollywood celebrity homes. A great source of info I found was Maggie Ink who lists the addresses and some great photos. I think my faves were Marilyn Monroe's house and Clark Gable's (since I'm a huge Gone with the Wind fan).




Following our tour, we stopped by the Colony Palms for lunch at the Purple Palm. Awesome truffle fries and desserts and such a cute restaurant! Our last stop before heading home was the Forever Marilyn statue. We heard it was going to be traveling so we knew we had to catch it while we could and I'm so glad we did! Wonderful little mini getaway. We left Palm Springs for the four hour drive back to Vegas and thanks to Tropical Storm Ivo, this turned into a five hour drive with the last hundred miles being filled with rain and lightning. Always an experience!







BUDGET

Hotel= $70
Gas= $52
Lunch= $30
Dinner= $48
Taxis= $12
Breakfast= $12
Tips= $10
Spa=$118
Lunch= $28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...