So two months ago I posted a list of things I wanted to do this summer. It is now the end of August and children are heading back to school; however, because it is Vegas, summer doesn't really end until close to Halloween (when the pools close). I have crossed a few items off already. So I have about another two months to get things done. :-)
That said, I am striking a few things off the list because I'm just not going to be able to squeeze it all in during the warmer months.
- See a lighthouse. There are a bunch in Alabama near where I'll be wandering but they're all out in the middle of the water so it's a good thing I don't plan to climb any.
- Do a mini cruise on a lake or a river or something... Being in the desert makes me really want to be near some water right now... Frankly this matches up with item 4 and could go either way.
- See more seals. I love seals. I'm planning a Laguna Beach overnighter and I want to stop at the Pacific Marine Mammals Center.
- Sailing, sailing, sailing. Since Marc and I didn't get to spend much time together that didn't consist of eating ice cream and watching cartoons, I'll just have to wait until next time.
- Have some shave ice. Hello Groupon.
- Go for a picnic.
- Go hiking in the mountains. This really could bleed into the fall list too.