Jetsettin Daisy: Tampa

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tampa

So I flew from Pensacola to Tampa a few weeks ago for my cousin's wedding. I got an amazing deal on a hotel through Expedia's mystery deals. I ended up staying at the Intercontinental for under $80 a night. Such a contrast from where Marc and I stayed in Pensacola. I rented a car from Fox and grabbed a quick dinner at J Alexander before heading to the hotel for a good night's sleep.

The ceremony wasn't until 2PM at Macdill Airforce Base so I had the whole morning to wander. I took a drive toward Clearwater and came across the small Ben T Davis Beach. I hung out there for a while since it wasn't very crowded and then grabbed lunch at Whiskey Joe's. I ran back to the hotel to shower and change and then left early for the wedding since I had to pass through security and I wasn't sure how long it would take to clear.
 
 
 
 
 
The wedding was beautiful!!! I'm so happy for my wonderful cousin and her family. The bridesmaids and I made a quick bar stop before the reception at 5PM and then headed over to the Tampa Garden Club. After the reception we bar hopped a little bit before heading our separate ways. Such an amazing day with friends and family that I haven't seen in years.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sunday was my last day and since I had a late flight and a car, I took advantage of it. I ventured out to Lakeland in the early afternoon for lunch with Marc's mom. Marc of course was less than thrilled about this since he knows his mom and I talk about EVERYTHING. lol I don't think he's very comfortable with the fact that she and I get along super well.

After lunch I picked up one of the bridesmaids for a little excursion to the Florida Aquarium. It was rather small but very cute with some nice exhibits. I would have loved to see the Penguin Promenade or participate in one of the programs but there wasn't time so maybe on my next visit!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Overall, Tampa was a great little weekend jaunt and I would love to return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...