Jetsettin Daisy: Goodbye 2013

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013

I had mixed feelings about 2013.
 
A lot of crappy stuff happened. I lost my grandmother. I lost my best friend, Angel. Marc and I have been on and off for the better part of the year and I'm ready for us to get out of this rut and learn how to settle things like adults without calling it quits every time things go sour.
 
That said, I've gotten to travel like crazy, meet some awesome people, and do a lot of great things. I've gotten to visit friends and really learned how to travel alone and be okay with that. I got to see friends that I don't see much and visit with my favorite cousins a lot more than usual.
 
I loathe new year's resolutions, but here are some things I would like for 2014. 
 
I would like to keep traveling and I have definite plans to do that. And not just the West Coast this time. New York, Miami, and Nashville are hopefully somewhere in that mix. 
 
I want to be less insecure.
 
I want my relationship to be in a stable place.

I need to declutter. I have so much junk. UGH.

I should probably save some money for something OTHER than travel. Probably.

Since I have some time before I have to do anything tonight, I am blogging. Big shocker. :)

Jess at The Artsy Cajun tagged me in this fun post so I thought I would share it with y'all. I did a similar post a while back but I really liked the context of this one.

1. When did you first start blogging and why?

My first blog post was April 2013, I just bought the domain name and really didn't start blogging regularly until August 2013. The reason why I started is because Facebook was changing so much all the time, I really wanted to (and still do) cancel it so I control my own privacy settings while still keeping in contact with people. And we had just moved from Hawaii, got out of the Army, and had been on a trip to Europe, so I had to have a way to share that!

2. Have you had any past online presence?

I've been all over the internet. I've been in all the usual social networks and also popped up in some weird places. I think the weirdest place I found myself was on a celebrity gossip site on the red carpet with Nina Dobrev. So random. I remembered a photographer asking for my name so imagine my surprise when it was printed along with the photo. WEIRD.

3. When did you become serious about your blog?

I've tried so many blogs and none of them have ever stuck. I really wanted to keep something going and this time I actually decided to commit from the start. I'm amazed I've managed this long. 

4. What was your first blog post?

Just like everyone else's first blog post! Except I mentioned that this was my… fifth blog?

5. What have been your biggest challenges blogging?

The everyday blogging. I love posting when something cool or funny or interesting happened or I took some great photos but the everyday stuff feels weird to blog about because I feel too self centered talking about random day to day things. v

6. What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?

Meeting so many great people! Everyone has been so nice and welcoming. When I used to do reviews for Examiner, I got nasty comments ALL the time. I had a budget column and people would complain when they didn't like my write up and it was so hurtful. I haven't gotten any weird creepy comments like that so far (knock on wood) and everyone has been awesome!

7. What is the most discouraging thing about blogging?

Sometimes I have those emo moments where I feel really insignificant because the internet is so big… And then I take a nap and snap out of it. 

8. What is your lasting inspiration or motivation?

I honestly don't know. I know that sounds awful, but I really don't.

9. What is your blogging dirty little secret?

I'm with Jess on this one! I blog ahead and fill my schedule just to make sure I have some days off to do the things I blog about. Actually, that's how I got through most of December.

10. What is your current goal as a blogger?

Make more friends and learn more interesting things from all these amazing bloggers! 

11. Have you learned or become passionate about anything through blogging that caught you by surprise? 

The actual blogging itself. I've never been great with putting through on paper. I've never had diaries or journals before because I have no patience for it! But I've found that I really enjoy this and it's become a huge part of my life. 

Who wants to go next? Comment and I'll tag you! I'd love to see your responses to the questions!!!!!

I hope you all have a safe and happy new year! Hurray for 2014! It better be a good one. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...