Jetsettin Daisy: Tuesday Travel Guide: Atlanta- Where to Play

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tuesday Travel Guide: Atlanta- Where to Play

Good Morning!

There are plenty of interesting things to do in Atlanta both in and around the city. Attractions aren't crazy expensive and there's a lot of great educational places to visit as well. 

Here are some of my favorites!

Where to Play

We had scheduled a Turner Field Tour for noon on our arrival date and oddly enough, we ended up with a private tour because nobody else showed up! We got to see all levels of the stadium including the private areas and we got to wander the field during Wheezer's soundcheck for their show later that night! After a little rest, we returned to enjoy the game!










Piedmont Park is the closest thing Atlanta has to Central Park. It's a pretty large park with all kinds of facilities within. It's also home to my favorite view in the entire city.


This place has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. We would always bring out of towners here and I loved it every single time. They moved it into a different building (the old building is sad and empty now) and it's just not the same but still super cool and fun to visit. 







Really fun aquarium. It's HUGE. The exhibits are really beautiful and unique and just so much fun.






I love visiting Centennial Olympic Park on every visit to Atlanta because I have my very own piece of history here, a brick with my name on it. It's also really beautiful and peaceful and a great place for kids to enjoy the Olympic Rings fountains in the summer. 


It's pretty cool seeing the newsroom and also the Cartoon Network Store where I met my beloved Rick. Oh, love at first sight.




Of course, I had to stop here given my name (it seemed only right) and because Gone With the Wind is one of my favorite books. After living here 13 years, I had never actually visited. Weird, right?




So many famous Atlantans and historical figures are buried here including Margaret Mitchell.



Outside of Atlanta there's plenty of historic battlefields, small towns, and attractions of their own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...