Jetsettin Daisy: Recovering From Travel

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Recovering From Travel

As much as I love traveling I often think after a trip, I could use a break! Getting to travel and experience new places is such a blessing but when you're checking places off your list, eating everything you can get your hands on, and just going going going from morning to night, it's really exhausting! 

Long hours, stress, and that horrible airplane air (not to mention a change in climates) is absolute hell on the skin and often the immune system too. I can't count the number of times I've come home from a trip sick! Or the amount of times I've gotten sick just from the jet lag on the way to my destination. It sucks! Here's how I reset my skin and health a little after a trip:

This post contains affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. As always, all opinions are my own.



A soothing bubble bath- not the Mr. Bubble kind. Epsom Salts, a Bath Bomb or two, and a relaxing scented bubble bath or bath gel go a long way to unwinding your body after a flight. The salts help any aches and pains from uncomfortable airplane seats and combat swelling. Good Beth bombs rehydrate your tired skin. And who doesn't love bubbles??!

An face mask- I love my Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask (I'm scraping the bottom of the Travel size jar before I bite the bullet and buy it) because it always leaves my skin feeling refreshed. I usually just use it in my T-zone.

A great moisturizer- no matter what your skin type, chances are your skin hates you when you get off a plane (unless you moisturizer constantly throughout and even then...). Whatever your favorite moisturizer is- slather it on before bed. Give your face a little break from vacation makeup and let it breathe and reset. Right now I'm really enjoying Caudalie's Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. It's really light so I don't feel like it's going to clog my skin (I got a great sample from one of my beauty box subscriptions and it's wonderful). 

A hair mask- my hair takes a beating on vacation. A lot of times it suffers more product than usual or more styling and I know it's not happy when I get home. A great leave-in conditioner or hair mask helps combat some of the damage! I like Living Proof's Perfect Hair Day Nightcap.

What's your favorite way to unwind after a day of travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...