Jetsettin Daisy: Tuesday Travel Guide: Denver- What to Pack

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tuesday Travel Guide: Denver- What to Pack


Hey guys!

So welcome to the first Tuesday Travel Guide of 2017! I've made a few changes to make the guides a bit easier to navigate and follow. I've added a packing guide first too!

This month our guide is taking us to Denver! I recently made a little weekend trip out to Denver with my mom for an early birthday trip for her (she turned the big 6-0) and we wanted a quick and easy getaway. The flights were only $40 roundtrip. No joke! 

The weather forecast was actually surprisingly warm for February which I've heard isn't super uncommon. The temperatures were in the 30s at night though so we packed accordingly for warmer afternoons and colder evenings. I always pack one to two main colors and then neutrals so that everything coordinates and matches and I don't need a random variety of other pieces to pull everything together. It helps me keep my packing light!

What to Pack

We had planned out an afternoon tea at the Brown Palace (we really love our afternoon teas) so I wanted to make sure I had a dress that would be weather appropriate in case it was chilly that I could dress up or down accordingly (it even has pockets). Bonus- this dress is on sale right now too! 

I brought this super cozy CC Beanie in a bright color to contrast all the navy I had packed. I'm really loving this brand lately! I've gotten a bunch of their beanies and they come in so many colors I can't get enough of them! Love it! 

I also brought this Milk Bar scarf with me. Before you say anything- I know this is a budget blog and I'll be completely honest: this scarf was a gift from a Milk Bar event I attended (it's normally $178). I really love it though. It's soft and cozy and beautiful and I was actually super bummed I didn't have a chance to wear it because it wasn't cold enough. I carried it in my purse all weekend just in case it got drafty so I could throw it on and it never did.

These Keds boots are awesome. I love Keds, I practically live in them. It's one of my go to brands that I always wear because the sizing is always the same and I know how they fit. These fit a tiny bit differently (I really should have gone up a half size because they're winter shoes) but they were super cozy and warm! Unfortunately it wasn't cold enough for me to need them in Denver; however, the weather was super crappy when we left Vegas so they came in handy on the way out.

I packed a pair of navy ankle booties to wear for tea and these look almost just like them. These are actually a little cuter!

I am a big believer in this general packing rule- wear the bulkiest and heaviest items on the plane to save room in your bag. This is especially true if you are packing a super tiny under seat carry-on. I wore this peacoat all weekend and I love it. It was super cheap, super comfortable, and easy to wash. They also carry plus sizes (which I got since I like my coats roomy) so the size variety is great! 
It also has a hood!

Tassel earrings are everywhere lately and these are super cheap and cute and comfortable. They're light too so they don't strain your ears.

I keep seeing pom poms everywhere on bags, hats, etc. I really love them but I'm not really inclined to spend more money on an item just because they have pom poms. These cute little purse charms are insanely cheap and super cute. They come in so many colors too!

Since we weren't gone long but wanted to explore, I brought my favorite charger with me. It provides multiple charges and is great when you're not sure what your outlet situation will be like!



This post contains affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. As always, all opinions are my own.


Come back next Tuesday for where we stayed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...