Jetsettin Daisy: San Francisco Day 2

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

San Francisco Day 2

I am updating this blog in a bar with jellyfish chandeliers and a drink in hand. Sounds like a great trip so far, right?  So yesterday my friend Annie came out to play tourist with me. My idea of a great trip involves seeing the sights and tasting the food. I love eating a bunch of small meals all over town instead of a couple big ones around the hotel. If I see ice cream I want to be able to stop. End of story. Annie got a late start and since I was ready to go, I stopped at the Out Sweet Patisserie inside Macy's for breakfast. Chocolate cake and macarons for breakfast. The morning was off to an amazing start.



Then Annie showed up. Yay!!!! We caught out big Bus tour at Union Square and proceeded to Alamo Square to see the Painted Ladies (that cute little row in Full House). 



After that our friend Melissa met upwith us for lunch at Gussie's Chicken and Waffles. I had a Groupon that covered most of the bill and the food was awesome. 



From there we walked back to the bus stop and hopped into Bi Rite Creamery for a quick ice cream stop (first one of the day). I had the honey lavender and it was heavenly.




We rode trough Haight Ashbury, Golden Gate Park, an went over Golden Gate Bridge.




The weather was perfect. We hopped off to walk over to Ghirardelli Square (second ice cream stop of the stay). I had the Domingo and it was awesome... Can't really go wrong with fudge and bananas!





We walked through Fisherman's Wharf and stopped at Boudin for the classic chowder in a sourdough bread bowl.





After this we took the bus back to Union Square and Annie had to head home. I went back to the hotel to change for dinner and then caught a cab to Straw, this really cute little carnival themed restaurant. My friend Carla met me there and our table was an old carnival rise. She had a doughnut burger and I had a chicken and waffle Monte Christo sandwich. We shared a funnel cake. They gave us Crayons to draw with; I'm a little weird with my drawings...



After this we made a quick drink stop a Smuggler's Cove where Melissa met up with us again for a bit. The bar has a full on pirate theme and all the drinks have run. The menu is massive and the prices were decent. Well, decent to me... I am used to Vegas prices so anything under $10 looks good to me!


When it was time to move on we walked Melissa to her car only to find it had been broken into. Wtf. She did everything you're supposed to do- parked in a decently lot area where there were a lot of people. Nothing major was stolen but what a bummer! People are real crooks sometimes.

Carla and I then headed to Gitane for a last drink. Sadly we were really just in the mood for sugar so we tried a couple of small desserts. The entrees smelled amazing though so we will probably have to come back for dinner sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...