Jetsettin Daisy: Tuesday Travel Guide: Oahu- What to Pack

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Tuesday Travel Guide: Oahu- What to Pack


Good morning, blog world!

Welcome to another round of Tuesday Travel Guides! This month, we're going to Oahu. My close friend, Lisa, and I (along with our mothers) took a girl's trip a few years back to Oahu. Lisa had planned the trip out with a friend who flaked we decided to make it a mother daughter getaway together. So much fun! We 100% did the tourist thing and had just the best time ever.

Let me preface by saying we got our room for free. My dad had a lot of Hilton points that he graciously donated, so we had a beautiful room at a beautiful resort that we ended up not paying for. Next week I'll tell you all about it along with my other choices of places to stay if I didn't have a really gorgeous free room.

Since we had planned to do absolutely every tourist activity we could, we all made use of the Go Oahu Card. We had bought a five day pass for our weeklong trip and it saved me and my mom about $250 each in attractions and activities. What was even better was that with a longer pass, you get a free bonus activity (Lisa and I swam with dolphins for ours and our mom's used the Luau as theirs). 

I am so fortunate to have so many friends who lived in or grew up in Hawaii so we got a ton of really amazing restaurant recommendations! I ate so much fish and shave ice on this trip it's not even funny!

We overlapped our trip with Lisa's by about three days. This gave both our families plenty of time to do our own thing along with a few days to do activities as a group. We had such a blast, it's still a major highlight trip to this day!

I put together a little packing guide full of tropical themed, colorful pieces to make the trip extra festive! For instance- I'm not a huge jewelry fan but I can't stay away from anything themed. These pineapple earrings and necklace are super cute and so are the tank and shorts (I love pineapples).

I like this tall tote bag because it's kind of a carry-all that you can use from the beaches in Waikiki (your shades, sunblock, and beach reads) to the tour buses around the island (snacks and bug spray), and the shops on Kalakaua Avenue (all the souvenirs and designer goodies you want to bring home).

While flip flops are essential on any beach trip, I like a good pair of gladiator sandals with a chunky heel to casually get through the day and night without having to change my shoes five times. My collection of floppy hats keeps growing too since I like to make sure I always have one at the beach!

A loose blouse is great to double as a swim cover-up without looking like you're wearing a cover-up to lunch (especially if you're lunching somewhere that isn't near the beach or the pool). I like the style and palm print on this one piece (and I love that one piece suits are getting more popular and looking cuter and less Baywatch-esque). Last- a cute, lightweight, colorful dress is a fun piece to have for dinners, drinks, or luaus. I love this yellow one because it's super cute and beachy and much easier than what I chose to wear- a homemade, hand designed retro tiki print dress.
Loved it but so much work!

This post contains affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. As always, all opinions are my own.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...