Jetsettin Daisy: NYC Part 4

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

NYC Part 4

First of all, today is my blog's birthday!!!

My blog is 1 year old! I'm surprised I managed to keep it going this long. I probably wouldn't have been able to if it weren't for all the new friends I made here and the really nice comments I've gotten to keep me encouraged. So thanks everyone!!!

In addition to never having been to the Empire State Building, I had never been to a Broadway show.

Weird right?


I am a huge James Franco fan so my mom and I decided to take in Of Mice and Men at the Longacre Theatre. We were not disappointed. The theatre is quite small and we had seats in the front row of the balcony with a perfect bird's eye view of the entire stage.

The show was amazing. Afterwards I did the "done thing" and waited by the stage door. I got to meet the entire cast which was awesome and they all signed my Playbill. Jim Norton chatted with us about the dog in the play, Violet, who is a rescued pit bull. Note to self- Selfies do not work when the man in question is over 1.5 feet taller than me (Chris O'Dowd).



Today I'm linking up with Endlessly Beloved's 10 Favorite Things. This month's theme happens to be about one of my fave things- travel! Here are my 10 fave things about travel-

1. Seeing new places (or places I've seen before from a new perspective)- I've been to a lot of countries and cities as a kid but seeing them as an adult is completely different.

2. Experiencing different cultures- Even just the hustle and bustle of a different big city is fun.

3. Afternoon tea- I always love to do an afternoon tea when I'm on a trip.

4. Interesting dining experiences- Bonus points if there's a great view.

5. Random sidewalk finds- Who knows what you'll find! Sometimes it's a nice dim sum place in Hong Kong, sometimes it's a hat shop in Savannah.

6. Historic buildings or houses- Don't they just look the coolest?

7. New scrapbook- I love to scrap my trips and new trips mean new scrapbooks!

8. New memories with friends/family- Every trip is shared with someone!

9. Getting to wear new trip clothes- Cuz who doesn't buy something new before a trip???

10. Checking things off my list- Cuz it's a long long list.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Happy first blog birthday! I am dying to see of Mice and Men! I have been obsessed with Leighton Meester since Gossip Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! To random sidewalk finds. One of the true great pleasures of travelling :)
    Claire xx | somewhere... beyond the sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogivesary!!! I'm a tiny, itty bit jealous of your NYC trip.. your posts are awesome!! :) I've been dying to go ever since I could remember. :)
    Yes, yes, to your Ten Favorite Things list .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyy! Happy blogiversary!!! Love this list! :) Love the random sidewalk finds- how fun! Thanks for linking up girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy blog anniversary and so cool that you got to meet the whole cast :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...