Jetsettin Daisy: Staycation at Flamingo

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Staycation at Flamingo

I've done very little Vegas exploring since my partner in crime Ashley moved to Pittsburgh. It's quite sad really, because we used to go get into all kinds of craziness and since she moved a while back, I don't venture the Strip/clubs/pool the way I used to explore. Whenever she and her fiance come back to visit, I always find myself seeing new parts of the Strip.

Naturally we did Vegas things:

1. A party pool. Flamingo- This place is INSANE. It's not TECHNICALLY a big party pool, but it's 21 and over, there's a DJ, and most people are fairly drunk. On the flipside, unlike most party pools, the water was still blue. I am not kidding, this is serious. It was blue. Not the murky brown of Tao Beach or Rehab (seriously, I hate that place so much).

2. A buffet. Planet Hollywood- This was one of the first buffets I went to in Vegas like back when this resort was the Aladdin. It was always one of my faves and really, it still is. They don't have THE best quality or selection, but it's consistent and not insanely crowded. It's also not crazy expensive like the trendier ones are. Do you like cupcakes? If so, come here. No joke- the dessert table is a freakin CUPCAKE BAR. They have other things too but there are probably 15 different types of cupcakes.

3. A big tourist draw. Margaritaville- I have not been here in like eight years. The last time I was there was for a friend's 18th birthday. We had to get in before 9PM when they started carding, we had to wait over an hour, and we had to crowd our huge group into a small table indoors. Not this time. Shorter wait (people knew people) and table on the balcony. 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast! Also, I read it as strip clubs not strip/clubs, lol! A cupcake bar sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to one of the Vegas pool parties but the amount of people in the pool has always made me worry about the cleanliness haha! I'll have to remember that the Flamingo's pool stays clean for next time I'm out there :-) Also I just had to google where the Ferris Wheel was. I didn't remember seeing it last year but I'm totally adding it to my Vegas bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um a cupcake bar?? Hello, sign me up. I live in Vegas too, so I am putting Planet Hollywood on my list of places to check out for brunch!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...