Jetsettin Daisy: A Weekend in Austin- What to Eat

Thursday, May 25, 2017

A Weekend in Austin- What to Eat


Walton's Fancy & Staple- Great spot for breakfast downtown and the prices are pretty good! The service was friendly and fast and the coffee was delicious (I had a lavender latte). The French toast was super yummy and so was the adorable (and very Instagrammable) avocado toast. 




Elizabeth Street Cafe- I'm conflicted with this restaurant. On one hand, it is super cute, just as cute as the photos. The menu is extensive and the prices are good. I think our issue was that the flavors were a bit stronger on everything than we wanted. My friend and I are both from cities that have a ton of amazing Vietnamese options so our standards are a bit high. I do have to say- my crab spring rolls (really summer rolls) had a ton of crab in them which was a nice change! Avoid coming during the lunch rush because it is crazy busy.







Gourdough's- I do love anything sold out of an Airstream. It's right by Elizabeth Street Cafe and while the donuts looked crazy, the one we got was surprisingly light and not overly sweet. 



Lucky Robot- This was likely our favorite meal of the trip. Lucky Robot has a great happy hour and the service is stellar. We had some cute little cocktails and a delicious assortment of rolls. The decor is so super cute! They even have the most adorable yellow porch swings as seats!








More Home Slice/Home Slice- There's good news and bad news. The bad news- Home Slice is closed on Tuesdays. The good news- More Home Slice is right next door and it's open every day. Their pizza is inexpensive and yummy and it's such a great evening snack. It even held up really well cold in the hotel room!








Cafe No Se- This restaurant was located inside our hotel which was super convenient because it was adorable and the menu looked really yummy. The decor is bright and cheery, even on an overcast day. The food was pretty good- modern takes on more ordinary breakfast staples like bagels and lox. My only issue was that the service was really slow even though it wasn't busy.





Fresa's- I loved this place. First- it's got a really gorgeous courtyard and if it hadn't been so warm, I would have eaten outside. The restaurant is very colorful and the food is so good. We had guacamole and one taco each which surprisingly, was plenty of food. The tacos are HUGE. We had the salty cajeta ice cream which came with the cutest cookie (seriously, an Instagram worthy cookie) and was so delicious. 






Alcomar- This was the last stop on our trip and I really think we ended it with a bang. Luckily my travel buddy likes oysters too so we split an order along with some very strong margaritas during happy hour. The prices were great, the restaurant is super cute, and the service was fast and friendly. I have to say, I love getting oysters in the South because Gulf oysters are so much larger than the little ones I've gotten on the west coast!






Amy's Ice Cream- Total last minute addition after Lucky Robot since it was right next door. I wanted to try it out anyway and was super excited we had time to visit! They change their menu frequently but we had the most delicious turtle sundae. 


Perla's- I really wanted to come here but we really didn't have enough time to hit everything on our list. This one got eliminated because it was pricier than the others but it's definitely on my list for next time. I love seafood and the courtyard is as cute in real life as it is on Pinterest. 



Hey Cupcake- I forgot to take a picture of the truck! Augh! They were out of almost everything but I did get a pretty delicious strawberry cupcake with this really awesome strawberry cream cheese.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to Jetsettin Daisy, a budget friendly travel and lifestyle blog with strong foodie tendencies. Come hang out a while and feel free to leave me some positive vibes if you like anything here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...